Tuesday, June 2, 2009

New Level


After last nights negative session, which was a first since 5/22, I bounced right back. Today, I am up 21 dollars and back over the 100 mark. It is all about avoiding big swings, and not losing focus. Because I am at the .05/.10 cent level now, the chances for me losing more is much easier then it was before. I am only allowed to buy in for 10 dollars at each table, which is the same as when I was sitting at the .02/.05 cent tables. The one difference though is the amount others buy in for. At the lower tables, many people will buy in for the minimum and try to double up. At the 10 cent level, there are a lot more players with the full max buy in and like me waiting for big hands. Therefore, just as easily as I can double up I can also lose my whole buy in. By looking at the graph, I notice that (from my high school math knowledge) the slope from hands 7000 and on is much greater then it was previously. If I can just keep the great poker play going I will be able to move to the next level in no time. As I increase in the level of play, I will need to have more in my bankroll to fund it so here is the laydown of how I will play.

.05/.10 = >100 --- This allows me for 10 buy ins, so I would have to lose 10 times in a row to lose my roll. At this level I don't think that will happen so I am comfortable with this amount.

.10/.25 = >200 ---Once I get to 200 I will move up to this level. This gives me only 8 buy ins but once again I am fine with it.

.25/.5 = >500 ---I will not move to this level till I have reached more then 500 dollars in my bankroll.

.50/1.00 = 1000 ---You get the idea.



Played another session. Lost around 12 dollars. I was up for most of it but then ran in to some big hands and lost my cool. You always feel like you need to win back what you lost but thats where I need to say ok it may not be my day and walk away. Instead I stayed and just kept losing hand after hand. I am just below 100 dollars and will need to play better poker next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment