Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tournament Day

Because of the ok success in my tournament play lately, today I am going to play in a few games today and update on how I do. I will try the 3.30 rebuy event again and hopefully have more success.I will also join the daily 30K event. Once these are over, I may join a few more but I will update on my progress as I go. Wish me luck.

The 30K event went well up to the break and I was playing really well. Not long after the break, I was sitting with 5500 or so and raised the action to 190 with AQ off from middle position. Got two callers, button and small blind. A93 on board with 2 clubs. Check to me, raise to 450, call by the button and a fold by the small blind. The turn is a 2 of diamonds. I wanted to push but only put half my stack in so I made it 1850. Got a call. The river was not a club so I seemed to be in good shape. It was a 3 putting a 4 card straight on board. I decided since I had so much invested I would push. He had the best hand the hand I knew he could have if he called and it was 2 clubs with the 5 of clubs hitting the straight on the river. Pretty unfortunate by my luck these last few days.

In the rebuy game, I am still in but have invested a lot with nothing going my way again. Around 18 minutes till break I will update you with my chip stack at the break.
I got a much needed triple up before the break and am now sitting with 12K. I have however invested a lot of money in to this game so anything short of making the money will be a big disappointment.

And who would have guessed. Went out in great fasion not to long after break with QQ. It is unbelievable. I raise to 700 with blinds at 100/200 and the big blind calls me. The board is JQK. He leads out with an 1800 bet and I am sitting with 11K. I decide to raise to 5.5K and he quickly pushes. This is just so sick but I make the call and he shows 9 10. Unfortunately I do not hit the full house and I am out. Not a good day, and very frustrating because I am now losing in ways that just make my stomach feel sick. Will play some more later, but need to get some wins going. After all of these events, I am down to 45 dollars. A big set back in my challenge and something I am not happy about.

No comments:

Post a Comment