Monday, June 8, 2009

One at a time


This morning I put in a lot of hands and played really well. Although the graph is still up and down, my last two sessions have been good and this morning I profited 6.30 after 500 hands of play. Playing consistent poker over many hands is a sign of good poker. Overall I have seen over 10,000 hands which is a lot but like I said before you are not going to be able to accomplish a task such as this over night. It requires a lot of patience and time and that is why I am keeping track so that I can follow my progress and keep myself in line. So far I feel it is a good way to go about it and need to keep the graph increasing linearly. (Is that a word?)

Instead of putting in some hands tonight, I am going to take a few bucks and play in the 3.30 rebuy game. So far I have doubled up without rebuying and would like to make it to the add on with zero rebuys. There I will add on and do the best I can. I will update you on how I do when I finish. Just taking a break from the cash game and entertaining myself with a tournament. Like the challenge tournaments require lots of mental stamina and I would love to do well in one of these big games. Wish me luck.

First update - Not so good.

Little more then half hour to go before the break and I am in for 18 dollars so far. And not because I am playing bad poker in fact I am playing great poker and getting f'ed by pokerstars and donkey players. In fact I am going to post both hands I lost my money on. And maybe I shouldn't play the flop the way I do but I don't see how else to play the hand. (Unless I push all in pre-flop with any good hand to prevent these situations.)







Just take a look at a few of hands and see if you feel my pain. I raised a lot in all the hands and had the best hand pre flop and even on the flop. Some of the outcomes you could just predict and others were so unbelievable. So after 18 dollars invested so far, I have finally reached the break thank god and hopefully I can get some luck back on my side. I am sitting with 5320 and will buy on another 3000 for 3 dollars. Nothing went my way during that hour and a half but I know I can get it back.

Not a successful tournament, but I did play the best I could. Ended up staying right around 8300, was up and down being as high as 9500 in chips before losing AK vs 99 vs 88 in 1500th place. Just could not find an A or K out there and lost but it was a needed push and would have got me going. Unfortunately I invested 21 dollars in to this game and not what I wanted but the cards did not fall my way. I have learned you will have those days. I will now play a freeroll tournament with 2K guaranteed becuase a cash in this game will give me a ticket to play in a tourney with a 300K prize pool at the end of the month. I have many oppurtunities to get this ticket and will try as often as I can. When I finish I will update how I did.

Did not make it far in the freeroll. Just did not get hand to play. So out of frustration, joined an 11 dollar game with 900 players. And did quite well. Finished in 66th place after 3 hours of play and doubled my money. For most of the game I was low in chips and just fighting. Got a key double up before the money and just waited and waited while the blinds caught up to me. I need to work on gathering chips during this time but I just couldn't gain control of the table and had to fold to others reraises. Ended up calling a raise with AJ and losing to AQ. It was a good run and I was satisfied with how I played for the most part. On the day, after my ring game of 6 profit, minus 24 in the rebuy game plus 10 in the final tournament I finished only 8 dollars down on the day. Tomorrow I will be back to cash action and looking to gain back my losses today.

No comments:

Post a Comment